An institution of excellence in sustainable fisheries development and management providing quality services to its stakeholders. (Excellence in fisheries management and quality services to its stakeholders.
- To contribute in achieving food security for the Filipino people and improve quality of life of fisherfolk through rational and equitable utilization of fisheries and aquatic resources;
- To empower fisheries stakeholders enabling them to adapt to changing environmental conditions and global trade and regional fisheries management regimes;
- To improve productivity of fisheries and aquaculture within ecological limits.
Trustworthy, Principled, Transparent, Honest, Credible, Competent, Accountable, Dedicated, Committed, Service-oriented, Respect for clients and co-workers, Self-reliant, Courteous, Industrious, Discipline, Caring, Team Player, Resilient, Excellence, Creative, Initiative, Pioneering, Think tank, Resourceful, Proactive, Predictability, Standardized
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Poverty alleviation and the provision of supplementary livelihood among municipal fisherfolks;
- Improvement of productivity of aquaculture and seaweeds industry within ecological limits;
- Modernization of fishery sector by transforming it from a resource-based to a technology-based industry;
- Equitable access on small fisherfolks to assets, resources, services and post-harvest facilities; and
- Promotion of people empowerment by establishing mechanisms for the participation of people’s organization, non-government organizations, and cooperatives in decision making.